VisibleDust FlexoDome Sensor Cleaning Accessory for Panasonic and Olympus Micro 4/3 Cameras
$79.00 inc. GST
or 4 payments of $19.75 with Wizit learn more
- FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against the sensor contact and blower nozzle allowing the operator to invert the camera’s sensor downward without the fear of entering the chamber area damaging the sensor. This method facilitates the removal of heavier particles based on gravity action.
- FlexoDome™ eliminates the need for shorter and narrower nozzles in bulb blowers allowing a directional blast for more efficient dust removal. Directional blast maximizes the efficiency of a traditional blower in removing dust particles without creating adverse side effects.
THIS ITEM SHIPS FREE WITH TRACKING
FlexoDome™ features a ring to be attached to each specific camera body for hands-free operation. The cup on FlexoDome™ is uniquely designed to accept a variety of nozzles from different bulb blowers. Once attached to the camera body, FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against accidental contact between the blower’s nozzle and the camera’s sensor. The followings are some advantages of its use in sensor cleaning;
- FlexoDome™ acts as a fence against the sensor contact and blower nozzle allowing the operator to invert the camera’s sensor downward without the fear of entering the chamber area damaging the sensor. This method facilitates the removal of heavier particles based on gravity action. However, this seems to be an impossible task when the camera’s sensor is faced upward acting against gravity. By using FlexoDome™ one can remove all dust particles regardless of their size.
Some bulb blowers use shorter or narrower openings in their nozzles to increase the blasting power of air and to avoid sensor contact. However, this results in higher friction between air molecules passing through a narrower opening, generating higher static charges, turning the sensor into a dust magnet.
- Another problem associated with the increase in blasting power of shorter and narrower nozzles are the projectiles generated by this method. These sharp microscopic particles hit the sensor with more force damaging the sensor coating and creating images resembling the moon’s surface. FlexoDome™ eliminates the need for shorter and narrower nozzles in bulb blowers allowing a directional blast for more efficient dust removal. Directional blast maximizes the efficiency of a traditional blower in removing dust particles without creating adverse side effects.
Thus, FlexoDome™ creates a safe fence against accidental contact between bulb blower and sensor surface, by taking advantage of gravity action and directional blast, it maximizes dust removal efficiency. The use of FlexoDome™ and VisibleDust bulb blower Zeeion™ creates a powerful combo tool for professionals and amateurs as the first line of defense in-camera sensor cleaning.
- Find a relatively dust free and dry environment that has adequate lighting, something preferably indoors
- Make sure your camera’s battery is fully charged, or use your AC connector for the camera.
- Mount your camera on a tripod or use FlexoDome™ to prevent accidental contact between sensor and bulb blower nozzle.
- Invert the camera’s sensor downward.
- Expose the sensor by following your camera’s manual
- Remove any lens or cup you have on the camera
- Keep the bulb blower nozzle at least an inch (2,5 cm) above the surface of the sensor to avoid damage during their contact
- Squeeze bulb blower with quick, strong bursts
- After you have finished, detach FlexoDome™ if you have it and replace the cap or lens on the camera and release the camera shutter
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz that is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
- to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
- to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
- to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
- an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using a premature dry swab
- a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
- increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build-up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.
VisibleDust FlexoDome Sensor Cleaning Accessory for Pentax K-Mount Cameras$79.00 inc. GST Add to cart
VisibleDust 8mm Sensor/Chamber Cleaning Brush$69.00 inc. GST Add to cart
AVAILABLE ON BACKORDER
VisibleDust SwabLight DSLR Sensor Cleaner$49.00 inc. GST Add to cart
VisibleDust FlexoDome Sensor Cleaning Accessory for Sony E-Mount Cameras$79.00 inc. GST Add to cart