VisibleDust Smear Away Liquid Sensor Cleaning Solution (15ml)
$69.00 inc. GST
or 4 payments of $17.25 with Wizit learn more
- Removes stubborn stains such as oil and lubricant
- Provides an anti-static barrier to reduce further contamination
- Compatible with MXD-100 Green swabs ONLY
- Can be shipped by airplane
In Stock 🇦🇺
VisibleDust sensor cleaning swabs and solutions are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swabs.
The Visible Dust Smear away cleaning solution is suitable for heavy dirt such as greases, large stains and streaks. With antistatic effect! If you have a stubborn stain on the sensor of your digital SLR or mirrorless camera that won’t go away then Smear Away is your answer.
Specially formulated to protect your sensor as it cleans away oil and lubricant, Smear Away also provides an anti-static barrier to reduce further contamination.
It is recommended to use Smear Away with MXD-100 Green sensor cleaning swabs ONLY.
All of our solutions are safe on ITO and non-ITO-coated sensors.
VisibleDust liquid cleaners (Sensor Clean, VDust Plus and Smear Away) when used with VisibleDust Sensor Cleaning Vswabs are safe and effective on ALL digital SLR and mirrorless cameras
- Refer to your camera’s manual on how to expose the sensor.
- Brush the sensor surface with Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush®. Alternatively, use Zee Pro™ or Zeeion® anti-static bulb blower to remove dry contaminants.
- Add 2-4 drops of Smear Away™ on the fabric of MXD-100 Green Vswab™.
- Wait to allow for even saturation of the swab (can be calibrated from a few seconds to 30 seconds depending on environmental conditions). Do not allow the swab to dry out.
- Using Vswab™, wipe across the sensor with gentle pressure once, in a single smooth motion. If it is necessary, turn Vswab over on the other side and repeat. Ensure you wipe in the same direction both times.
- Discard the swab after a single-use.
- Allow the sensor to dry out completely. If needed, use the Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush® for complete cleaning.
- Proceed with checking the image.
- Repeat if necessary.
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz that is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
- to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
- to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
- to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
- an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using a premature dry swab
- a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
- increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build-up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.
VisibleDust CMOS Clean Liquid Sensor Cleaning Solution (15mL)$69.00 inc. GST Add to cart
VisibleDust Smear Away Solution (8ml)$45.00 inc. GST Add to cart
VisibleDust Sensor Clean Solution (120ml)$399.00 inc. GST Add to cart
AVAILABLE ON BACKORDER
VisibleDust Sensor Clean Solution (8ml)$45.00 inc. GST Add to cart