VisibleDust VDust Plus Formula Sensor Cleaning Solution (15ml)
$69.00 inc. GST
or 4 payments of $17.25 with Wizit learn more
- Removes stains of unknown origins, water and most oil stains
- Prevents streaking
- Provides a moderate static barrier
- Compatible with both DHAP Orange and MXD-100 Green swabs from VisibleDust
In Stock 🇦🇺
VisibleDust sensor cleaning swabs and solutions are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swabs.
VDust Formula is the specialist among VisibleDust cleaning solutions and deals with all kinds of heavy pollution of the sensor. It is particularly effective against oily and protein-containing pollution and prevents streaks.
If you are unsure as to the nature of a stain on the sensor of your camera or you get both water and light lubricant stains, VDust Plus™ will fit the bill perfectly. Designed to clean away water and most oil stains, VDust Plus™ eliminates streaking and provides a moderate static barrier.
All of our solutions are safe on ITO and non-ITO-coated sensors.
VisibleDust liquid cleaners (Sensor Clean, VDust Plus and Smear Away) when used with VisibleDust Sensor Cleaning Vswabs are safe and effective on ALL digital SLR and mirrorless cameras
- Refer to your camera’s manual on how to expose the sensor.
- Brush the sensor surface with Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush®. Alternatively, use Zee Pro™ or Zeeion® anti-static bulb blower to remove dry contaminants.
- Add 2-4 drops of VDust Plus™ on the fabric of sensor cleaning swab (MXD-100 Green or DHAP Orange Vswab™).
- Wait to allow for even saturation of the swab (can be calibrated from a few seconds to 30 seconds depending on environmental conditions). Do not allow the swab to dry out.
- Using Vswab™, wipe across the sensor with gentle pressure once, in a single smooth motion. If it is necessary, turn Vswab over on the other side and repeat. Ensure you wipe in the same direction both times. Discard the swab after a single use.
- Allow the sensor to dry out completely. If needed, use the Arctic Butterfly® Sensor Brush® for complete cleaning.
- Proceed with checking the image.
- Repeat if necessary.
Visibledust sensor cleaning solutions and swabs are calibrated to work together to produce optimal and safe results. Please DO NOT USE alternative solutions with our swab. A simple grain of quartz that is found in cheaper solutions are enough to produce an expensive scratch on the low pass filter. Our solutions are manufactured to the highest standard of quality that is practiced in pharmaceutical industries.
Visibledust solutions are calibrated for NORMAL evaporative rates:
- to keep the swab moist at all time to reduce the risk of scratch
- to increase the cleaning power, less swabbing more economical
- to reduce friction by being moist all time during swabbing
The potential risk of FAST evaporative solutions used as sensor cleaning are the following:
- an increase in the risk of damage and stress to sensor coating by using a premature dry swab
- a great reduction in cleaning power by shortening the contact time between contaminants and solution due to the increased evaporation rate of the solution
- increase in friction by using a premature drying swab, resulting in static charge build-up leading to an even greater dust accumulation on the sensor
Our cleaning liquids are intended to be placed on the swab first, so the concern for liquid seeping through the sensor is not valid or accurate. On the other hand, the disadvantages of a generic brand or FAST evaporative liquid used for sensor cleaning may in fact may cause damage to the sensor by requiring repeat swabbing and is not recommended.